Saturday 17 February 2018

Bachpan Ke Din Bhula Na Dena

hi folks,

Suddenly, I realised that it is a long long time since I have blogged something.....What will happen to the blogging community, my God! I can't allow it to suffer.......

There are lots and lots of incidents are flashing into my mind, when I get into the Time Machine and travel backwards. Some of the incidents, I will be narrating in my on-going musings titled "Munna Bhai & Other Stories" on which I have been working for the past several months!!!!

Basically, the episodes will centre around my dad, his encounters with life situations, whatever little interactions we had with him etc., etc. He was known as "Konthai Anna" in our family circle. Literally translated to Hindi, it will become "Munna Bhai", hence the title referred above. But then, you may have to wait long for it if you know the supersonic speed with which I normally work..........

Those days, electricity was unheard of in majority of the Palakkad villages. So also, gas stove, or even kerosene stove. Wood was the cooking medium, and was available in plenty at reasonable costs. we used to stack piles of logs near the 'thozhuthu', that would house at least three cows at any given time of the year. 

We had to cross the thozhuthu for attending to nature's calls. And during nights, it would be literally nightmarish experience. (The toilets were located at the end of the 'thodi' (backyard) supposedly for hygienic considerations!) And every time I cross the pile of wooden logs, I would expect a fiery snake springing at me with popping tongues.... God! Cold shiver will pass from head to toe, and I would just run at full speed closing my eyes!!! And many a times, I would stumble upon something and fall down.

No comments:

Post a Comment